Where can I get a list of school supplies?
- Most school supplies for each grade are ordered and shipped directly to the school. Each family is billed for a class fee annually. The pre-packaged school supplies is included in this fee. Items not included in pre-packages supplies are announced during the summer through our Back to School edition of our Panther Press Newsletter. Each grade is different but items typically include a plastic refillable water bottle, backpack, 1 simple pair of earbuds.
Where do I buy uniforms?
- Southern Drifter is the official ICCS uniform provider. Gently used uniforms that have been donated back to ICCS are also available for discounted purchase. Please contact ICCS office for dates and times of when this collection is available.
- Southern Drifter
- 3101 Ernest St, Lake Charles, LA 70601
- Week Day Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., closed on Sundays
- Southern Drifter
What is served during lunch? Can my student bring their own lunch?
- Each day, our ICCS cafeteria prepares a nutritious, hot meal option for students that vary from day to day. A monthly cafeteria menu can be found on our website or Panther Press Newsletter at any time. Many students do choose to bring their own lunches. ICCS is a tree nut and peanut-free facility. All students must abide by this rule.
What happens if my student is sick and can't attend school?
- The ICCS student handbook provides all details regarding a student's absence. In the event of an absence, the school shall require notification from the parent, either in person or by phone, on the day of the absence.
How does student dismissal work?
- Beginning in the Fall of 2022, ICCS began using a modular, mobile solution designed to increase the efficiency and safety of the school dismissal process called DashPass. This was part of our security project that will ensure safer dismissals for our students. Using DashPass, students remain safely in the classroom until parents are automatically detected upon arrival on campus. This ensures all students are kept in the safest place possible: the classroom. No more mass dismissal in our playground and courtyard areas. With the DashPass release management system, students only enter the pickup area when their ride has arrived. The system gets a notification when the student’s car enters and leaves the designated traffic area, which triggers the release of the next set of students in the queue.
- Prior to your student's first day of school, each guardian will receive a welcome email with details and instructions about downloading and using the application.
- Guardians will also receive a yellow name placard to be displayed in their vehicle for duty teachers to expedite the process.